Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Maldives Never Fail Me

...or anyone, perhaps. And seriously - there's not so much to say about them. I used to get bored from listening to people talk about how glorious the place is. I mean, what hadn't I seen? I came to the US for the first time when I barely turned 4 years old. Pretty fly for those times - the 90-ties in Russia were... harsh. And then living in the UK, traveling the world every month or so with the childrens' band I used to sing in... I thought I'd seen it all. But then again, so thinks everyone who hasn't been THERE.

Don't get me wrong - I know there are many opinions around. But this is mine. The Maldives are a place like no other.

I must say now that I was SO exhausted before we left that I hardly moved around in the hotel. I just lay there all day reading (my 2nd "Maldivian" post will be about that) and trying to get myself back together after all those months of non-stop work without weekends or holidays. It was a real escape - we got the tickets in the morning and were in the plane by eve - as soon as I realised I couldn't take no more of the hectic rush.

As it always happens on holidays, I had a lot of time to think about my life and where I'm going. To be honest, that' my favorite thing about holidays - I return a new person. I get used to things and people really quickly and find it hard to get a fresh view of the surroundings. But away from Moscow my mind always becomes clear.

What I'm aiming at is that unlike the previous trips to this Paradise, this time I didn't ask my man to take photos of me. Let me explain - I usually blow his brain out with this. Simply because the nature around is... OH. EM. GEE. But this time I didn't want that. A funny coincidence - my phone mysteriously stopped working as soon as I stepped foot on the hotel's island. So it really was a true getaway.

Yet my man did take pics of me after all. Twice. And I will make two posts with them. And this is the first one - not exactly an outfit post (since you've seen all of this on me before), but more of an atmosphere post.

Hope you like it:)

xxx








Top and Skirt - Topshop
Heels - Zara
Gold Belt and Cuff Bracelets - Shu Means Love



3 comments:

  1. Ох, Топалова, крутая ты все-таки!)
    Когда завтрак?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Хихи хорооооший:))) Я попа, свалила на неделю! На этой неделе обязанта! Наберу:)))

      Delete
  2. Видимо, там и вправду Рай... Здорово! Классный пост! Обожаю этот пояс:)

    ReplyDelete